E-Commerce Travel Company – Dubai, JLT
Monthly Salary – attractive base + plus performance bonus
Our company is a rapidly growing regional leader in the online car travel industry. We have separated ourselves from competitors by pioneering cutting-edge online technology that delivers the highest possible level of service and performance to our B2C and B2B customers. We provide intuitive travel solutions meeting the needs of travelers traveling globally to and from the Middle East, and are constantly expanding our commercial footprint as we expand operations.
We are searching for a highly-qualified Senior Accountant that desires to grow within our fast growing e-commerce travel company. It is required that you have worked in the car rental or online travel sector in an advanced accounting role to be considered for this position. You must also be fluent in English (spoken and written); proficiency in Arabic and Spanish would be a major advantage.
The work environment will be fast-paced and demanding, so we are looking for someone that is entrepreneurial, can think and move fast, is accustomed to working under pressure and can deliver results to support the Company as a key member of the management team.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring the quality and integrity of the accounting results as well as the financial and marketing metrics of the Company, serving as a leader within the management team. As we are an entrepreneurial-minded and venture funded company, strong understanding of the concepts of entrepreneurial finance are a must for a person to be successful in this role. Based on performance, this person may be responsible for building the finance organisation of the Company as we grow.
Principle Responsibilities Will Include:
Direct preparation of Monthly P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow reports and annual general ledger close process through detailed P&L and B/S reviews and variance and business segmentation reporting.
Recording day-to-day booking transactions and accounting transactions in QuickBooks, preparing payment vouchers, processing payments, reconciliation of customers and vendor accounts, commission reconciliation and invoicing to vendors.
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly statistics and reports concerning the business operations of the Company.
- Continually drive the integration of our financial account reporting system with our company’s reservations system and accounting log database.
- Maintain, monitor and update the 5-year financial plan of the Company.
- Prepare and provide support documentation, account reconciliation and analysis for external auditors.
- Direct the monthly, quarterly and annual projections and budget preparation.
- Drive financial controls, including revenue control, credit control, and currency and treasury management. Work with vendors and supplier concerning credit limits and collections.
- Lead and devise systems for proper margin analysis across business segments.
- Ability to analyze supplier rates and enter them into our proprietary system.
- Execute monthly payroll.
- Prepare statutory requirements and reports.
- Analyze monthly results and present analyses to senior management and investors on a quarterly basis.
- Drive and provide support to the external auditors regarding annual financial statements.
- Work closely with Product, Sales and Marketing to report on, control, and improve gross margins.
- Proven competence running a small accounts function in a small/medium, fast growing business.
- Lead SG&A expense forecasting and improvement recommendations (e.g. marketing investments, customer support function investments etc.).
- Actively provide innovative ideas that will continually improve the company’s financial performance.
- Lead financial appraisal of special projects and contractual relationships with all suppliers.
- Oversee and ensure that sufficient documentation exists for all general accounting procedures and processes.
- Travel financial management background is essential (DO NOT apply for this position if you do not have car rental or travel industry accounting and finance experience).
- University degree in Accounting. BS or MBA, BS at a minimum, CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or equivalent with at least seven (7) years of accounting, close management, planning and systems experience.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel (advanced capabilities to create pivot tables, macros and other data filtering, importing and manipulation analysis tools in excel is absolutely essential).
- Experience in use of internet content management computer reporting system and their outputs.
- Experience using QuickBooks accounting system is desirable.
- Very high IT and Internet literacy required.
- Results-driven self-starter that understands what needs to be done.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate issues before they occur.
- Flexible and mature, able to work alone but within a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to produce accurate reports in a timely manner.
- Exceptional ability to multi-task under pressure.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Very self-motivated and keen to take own initiative to improve the business.
- Strong ability to implement changes and explain the impact of those changes on the accounting systems and the business.
- Eager to learn and have a very positive attitude to work.
- Must be interested in the broader business and its commercial objectives.
- Comfort dealing with C-Suite level executives and investors.
Apply Now: http://www.bayt.com/en/uae/jobs/senior-accountant-3543626/